Tuesday, July 14, 2009


On the way to the super market to get some food. Still not brave enough to ride by the boda boda's (motorcycles) so its about a 15 minute walk. Everyone here basically caters to the white...knowing we came with money to spend :) but they are all very friendly. We had a volunteer lunch down at Ozzies which was a rather interesting experience. It took over an hour to get our food...and I only ordered a grilled cheese ( I know Im lame.) but we met the cook and she was probably the cutest little australian women...4 feet with a slight hunchback.. ha i will be sure go back. I didnt really have to work today but we I got to meet all fifty seven babies...hold about 40 of them. Got peed on twice...which i hear is lucky..being that about 20 babies are sick and cant hold any food down. But they are all wonderful! Tomorrow I will be spending the day with baby C which is the babies who are walking. When they are that age they know the volunteers are there to give them attention. They run to you and say AUNTIE!! at one time i had 4 babies on me...two in hand. two on leg...the ones on the legs cry because you wont hold them...its rather sad knowing they only want love. Anways I will update later when I get chance. Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Sandy,
    This is kim, Cam's aunt.(Greg's sister) I am reading your blog. This is amazing. I will pray for your work there. If I ever got a chance, I would also go to an orphanage. Sounds like it is heartbreaking, but also rewarding. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete