Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Nile

















With a few hours of free time, some locals gave us a boat tour on the Nile. It was pretty legit. It was overall a perfect look at Africa. I got to see just a glimpse of how these people live and it gave me true appreciation of what I have and who I have in my life. Despite the circumstances most of these Ugandans are in... God is fully present in their lives. You can purchase Him in the shops. His name is written on buidings, motor cars, and street signs. When we go into town the streets are loud with hymns and worship songs. It's very different from home, and encouraging to see the people here who have so little sing so loud praising God for what He has given to them. They rely on Him and trust Him so much more than most of us. Here are a few pictures of our boat trip down the Nile and of the what "well off" villages look like. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment